Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Reviewing 2007 and Embracing 2008

woots~ Had an awesome sleep last night, woke up at 12noon today.
Cool and grey weather. Just feel like sleeping some more. But have to get up and do something constructive. YEah, only got a chance to finally sit down quietly and review my last yr and set resolutions for this year. Since i've a blog now, shall be discipline and do a proper review and resolution. SOunds cool. Hehe.

*Corrinne May music plays in the backgrd*

2007
. How did it go for me?
*flipping thru my journal*
~ Unnerving Yr3 Sem II, having to tahan the stress of the RIBA I Exams. Got thru finally with a not so impressive project.
~ Din go back Melaka for CNY. 1st time spending 初一 with family at Sentosa (crowded) and Mt Faber.
~ CAW Rally in Feb was a big bang. Quite spiritually charged to see so many youths.
~ Did my first Internship in an architectural firm, DP Architects. Eye opener to see how the largest archi firm operates. Fun experience to work with several other fellow archi mates.
~ MM Concert for FOC 2007. 1st outdoor concert. Sang in the dark. Haha. Another momentous experience.
~ Went to Perth to visit my sec sch classmate. Travelled around the vicinity on my own. Quite a challenging and rewarding experience to travel alone. But at times, it's certainly better to have another partner to share the beauty and joy.
~ Came back and immediately embark on another spiritually enriching PPC trip by the Legion to Kajang, KL. Very packed 4 days but were fed with sumptuous meals to the MAX too.
~ Soon, began my Yr4 Semester One. Given a super dedicated tutor who drives us in our design. Had a interesting semester (though hectic) exploring a new language in my design. Did not yield good grades but it's a good learning experience.
~ Joined the Youth Team in SFA, started by Joachim. An exciting and challenging journey to revive the youth scene in our parish.
~ Term ended with no EXAMS! =). Travelled to Siem Reap, Cambodia, in preparation for next semester design project and also got a chance to see the splendour of the ancient Angkor.
~ Youth Forum, Car Wash Fund Raising, Movie Screening, Xmas BBQ...it's quite encouraging to see how things slowly fall into place. Now left with the YOuth Room tt i'm tasked to design.
~ the passing of Fr David. A great lost for all esp the youths. Was pretty shaken but am now empowered to not let him down but to lead the youth scene well.
~ Christmas Pageant and Midnight Mass. It's hard work paid off though it has its imperfections. A Christmas to remember.
~ A 9-hr AGM with the Youth Team. Positions discerned. Ministry's name chosen (Bridging Lights). Events for 1st quarter of next year planned. Mission spelt out. Dinner at Crystal Jade with heartfelt sharing by everyone.
~ New Year's Eve countdown in church. Super happening. Got to see fireworks too.

2008. My visions.
~ Entering my last semester as an undergraduate. Must make it a good one. Fight all temptations in procrastination, laziness and bad habits and be a good student.
/ It's one of my last chance to do an "A" design project.
/ Hope that I can embark on a good dissertation project in the later half of the year.
/ Hope I can find a good part-time job whilst pursuing my studies.
/ Be able to fulfill my commitments in Youth Ministry, the choir and music ministry in CSS and to do a good job too.
/ Wish that the Easter Play will eventually be realized
/ To increase my knowledge and skills in music
/ To be more forgiving, less selfish, more readily to express and show my love to people around me.

No comments: