Wednesday, May 27, 2009

short-term...

One thesis
One major upset to a grand plan
One great episode of my life
To cry or to smile

Never ceasing support and words of encouragement
given by friends (close and not close), tutors, acquaintance
and of course by Him, for He sent them to me
though often I felt so far away from Him
And questioning what have i done to deserve this?

Certainly, there're reasons and I thought it's gonna take like
donkey years before I appreciate what He's done to me.
Shall draw up a list and compare the gains and the loss...
and see for myself how much has been revealed to me in less than a month..

Gains:
- we would have been sweating and jostling in Europe duirng the hot travel peak season
- Now that September seems like a better time to visit Europe...best arrgt from Him to us?...lol
- I can plan an affordable short getaway right after submission...to Bali...
- Can catch St Paul the musical
- Able to be around to be with Fr Michal before he leaves for Aus...i wld have totally missed seeing him the last time when I'm supposed to come back on the 2nd Jul only...and I'll be devastated i guess.
- That Moli can be ard to see thru the tough time at her home....maid...and moving house...maybe i can help to move also...
- Eat rice dumplings!...
- managed to "fight" our way through and now given consent to travel as a couple...so long as we sleep in mixed dorm...or dun share room...lol
- Able to develop my thesis to its full potential...
- Just being around in singapore....coz it seemed like so many things are happening within a few wks...like my dad just fractured his wrist...in cast...take 2 months to recover...haiz.
- stronger faith, stronger love and greater trust for Him and between me and gorgeous...
- Able to attend T3 bible study with BLYM....
- hmm...now it seems like not going overseas is the best....hopefully Sep will be "quiet" back at home...

Loss:
- Monetary loss from cancellation of trip and not able to travel with Nik and Ray.
- Unable to visit Bad Iburg and Conny...
- Might have missed mooncake festival...in Sep
- Not able to Commence with my frens tis July...well...but i still have frens in the next batch...
- and many other nitty gritty petty things i guess....

So I guess it's obvious...
have I gained or lost?...

No comments: