Thursday, February 19, 2009

a nice song that relates to single mothers

"Stranger in me"
from It's my Life musical
lyrics by Lim Yu-Beng
music by Corrinne May


I think about you and me
a part of me cries out
How could I be so near and yet so far
Instead of looking at you
I only saw my guilt
And that was all so far to where you are

Wherever love has come from
It was once upon a time
And who knew fairy tales were truly grim
Whatever came before you
It's really more a case of me and him
Whatever came before you
You're not to blame for any single thing

* I don't want to live love
In the shadow of history
Your future's not history
It's ours in the here and the now
Nine months in my womb
Doesn't make you a stranger
I'd carry the weight again
Facing the danger right now
But would I know, how.

I don't know what is coming
And I'm not much of a guide
I've never been so low as in those days
And with the millstone round my neck
With every tear I cried
Was woe to him who leads us all astray

It's so unfair how one mistake
Can make the deepest stain
And dirty water clouds the stream below
I'm never gonna make you pay
For what you could have never ever owe
I'm never gonna make you pay
The debt is mine and you should never know

(*)

Do I dare to love again, or is the curse right from the start
Do I dare to burn my hopes and dreams from the gamuts of my heart
You're not a stranger to me
I'll make sure of that
Whatever the danger to me

Make it pure, once more
Make it shine, make you mine.
Love doesn't give answers
But question are always for free.

No comments: