Wednesday, August 27, 2008

tick tock tick tock....



Must document my anguishing moments of the past two wks
before September arrives...
Working towards the 22nd Aug Final Draft submission was a tremendous feat
Never knew it could be as mind-wrecking and energy consuming as design submission
In anyway, I've made it. Thank God. Really. For sending all the guardian angels and "support groups" to help me tide through these difficult periods.

05 Aug - Cooking session at Zou Tong's place with John and Sarah. Memorable and fun. Did my initial survey compilation. Mundane but exhausting.

18 Aug - Just finished content page and sorting out materials. Trying to finish reading stuff. Stayed in library till 9.30pm with John and Sarah.

19 Aug - Organizing my thoughts in word doc. Skipped tuition as i begin to panic. Stayed in school till 10pm. Wrote abstract and about 1500 words and finished compiling the survey. Yay!
Rushed home to catch Olympics highlights.

20 Aug - Lecture lecture...continued to work on dissertation till 10.30pm. Really really desperate now. Wrote 3000words. After catching the Olympics highlight, couldn't bear myself to sleep. Continued writing and *bleagh* came another 2000words...total 5000words. Cool, can sleep liao. 3am.

21 Aug - One day before submission. Worked from morning till 5pm at home before i rushed off to give tuition. This thurs class more impt, so can't really apply leave. But...at least i'm almost 3/4 done. Came back home. Same ritual. Olympics first. Then work like mad till 3am. Don't know why, think my brain a bit saturated and overworked, only managed to spit out another 1000words. By then, still left with the last chapter and conclusion. Shucks...never mind. Still got friday morning.

22 Aug - Literally jumped out of bed at 9am, quickly get into the writing after all the morning rituals. 2pm, finally hit over 10,000words. Immediately got into the printing phase and it took long....3pm. Rushed down to the shop near my place to do binding for my prints. Aunty not in, cannot do the job. *Screams* I knew it...it's just part of this "Calvary" journey that i'm in. Never mind, took a cab, rushed down to school, went YIH to do binding. Time: 3.50pm.
10 more mins to submission deadline. In the end, handed up to tutor at 4.05pm. Only saw Sarah and a few others going about the frantic sprints to hand up our drafts. Ultimately, found out that this deadline isn't after all that crucial. Some tutors didn't even follow strictly to that. My prof said I just have to be confident that I can do it within the next few weeks, then he won't "fail" us at this stage.

So what's with all the hype and the obsession with the deadline? Nearly made me aged by 10years. Anyhow, am relieved that i've vomitted out those words. Now is just to refine, consolidate and solidify.
Need to thank my gf and the LISS members for keeping me in their prayers.
Praise and thank God. Although it was tough and nerve wrecking, it was a fruitful sprint.

No comments: