Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"Survived"

Thank God for being with me through these difficult times. Though the crosses were heavy, but I know You are there to carry with me. I really doubted my ability to go through everything well but You proved me wrong.

Alpha weekend on Sat. Last min 2 guests couldn't make it and another one can only come at 2pm. So that left us with one guest plus 4 other helpers to begin the morning session. Well. A bit discouraged at first but still clinging on the hope of having a more fruitful session after lunch when more people came. True enough, the second half of the day took a different turn and things started to fall in place leading on to the ministry time where me and Amanda had to take turns to lead and play the songs. It's quite unnerving to lead a worship session since my last time was a few yrs back. Eventually, the Holy Spirit worked in His marvelous ways and touched many of our hearts and one of us in fact received the gift of tongue. This session was not planned for the ra-ra super mega kind of p&w session but a more intimate level kind, and it worked in its beautiful ways too. Thank God for that.

Had dinner and reached home around 11pm. Time to pick up my pace for the design project. 2.30am, "fainted" on the bed.


Sunday. Woke up and felt like dying but as I went to church and sing songs of praises to God, I was slowly recharged and awakened. "Awake from your slumber, arise from your sleep, a new day is dawning..."
Again, it doesn't seemed like one of the perfect sundays. Quite a no. of people hospitalised...pray for their speedy recovery! Afternoon practice didn't have a good turnout but still, we did our best.

Rushed home at 3.30pm and the production began. Sister drove me back to school at 9pm as I had to print some stuff. Eventually only managed to complete 70% of the stuff and printed at 2.00am. Waiting to get a cab back home but the roads were "dead". A few cars whizzed past only every 5mins. A unique and yet anxious experience coz i wanna get home!

About 2.30am, the shining blue sign was spotted in a distance and my heart rejoiced! Got on the cab and there the driver, a funky uncle who was concerned about me working so late at night. Had a small conversation with him and his most encouraging words were like, " If you have a clear direction in your life, just go for it, and everything will just fall into place eventually." Reminds me of Paul Coelho's book The Alchemist where it mentioned about our personal agenda and how everyone in the whole world will coerce and help you reach your personal agenda if you are certain of getting it. It's quite an Angel in Disguise to me to keep me a little perk up despite being physically drained.


Monday. Presentation at 9am. I'm the third to go. Richard Ho and Tay Kheng Soon, the two tutors I somewhat respect the most besides Joseph for this semester. Was not very confident of my project. Surprisingly, both were rather positive on my design approach and unique design language which they encouraged me to push further on. I'm really grateful on one hand that they didn't slam my design but on the other hand was hoping to receive more comments to work out my design even more. Guess it's more on my own now. Anyhow, thank God.

4-8pm. Sleep.
Dinner
Check email, Surf net
2am-10am. Sleep.

Not enough. Need more sleep! =)

No comments: