Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Did what I'm supposed to do...

Drove to Chinese Garden from church.
It was a battle of decision.
And i finally made my virgin run on the Jurong Lake
running route. Indeed awesome.
Rain clouds were hovering over me and wind blowing
quite strongly. But less than half way through the run,
sky started clearing up and I got to enjoy a bit of the
sunset. How lucky. Thank God.
Most people say jogging is so much easier than
swimming. Just need to wear your running gear and
off you go. But the INERTIA to even put on that gear
is really HUGE for me. Dunno why.
The panting and aching knees can be a turned off factor
But I do know the positive effects and joy after a run.
Dunno why. It just seemed so hard for me at times.
I would choose swimming over running often.
But running in a park with a lake really makes a whole
lot of a difference. Feels like i'm in Europe or something
haha.

Then after the run, which ended on the landmark bridge.
I stood on the crest of the bridge,
looking up at the sky as I cooled down.
Sun has set beyond the clouds,
and storm clouds were gathering on the opposite end.
The setting sun cast an orange glow on the storm clouds,
making it look splendidly nice.
But when the glow is gone,
it looked threatening and evil again.
Everyone of us could just be like dark clouds,
without the Light, we're just evil, scary beings.

Such a joy and blessing for having a car.
Can imagine Moli's joy of driving to ECP for Sat runs.
And Chinese Garden is really quite pretty.
Shall explore Japanese Garden next time.

Spring cleaned the youth room before the run.
So exhausting but fulfilling.
I hope I will clean my future house as diligently.
And I hope there're future youth leaders like me
who are cleaning freak.
I think I inherited my mum's genes.

A packed and exciting Wednesday awaits.
Still yet to come up with my N.Y.Rs.

I think I've contracted a Terminal Disease.
It's called Procrastination.



No comments: