Saturday, August 22, 2009

my heart goes out to them....

twice within a week i think,
I have 2 groups of school kids
smoking at the staircase landing
in my HDB flat...
I usually take the stairs all the way down
from my 8th floor flat.
It's about 2pm++.
Just after school.
1st group is Malay boys,
2nd group is Chinese with a girl,
the main smoker.
There isn't much feelings of detest
as i hated smoke from cigarettes.
I only felt sorry for them.
I prayed for them.
For the Lord to deliver them one day.
Teens nowadays are so troubled.
By demands of societies,
and hence pressures from parents.
Temptations of media
spinning them round and round
in a confusing and crazy world.

Recent adverts on papers and TV also
annoys me a bit.
Slimming programmes, beauty reality TV shows,
with taglines, "Beauty is Everything".
"I want to Slim Down."
Everything is about looking good and perfect.
I do admit i'm very concerned with my outlook.
But the way the advert and publicity
are really too much and giving the wrong idea.
How can you say "Beauty is Everything"...
in Chinese, it's even more grotesque..
"美就是一切"
I would prefer "Love is Everything".
To be precise, Christ's Love.
Not the secular "love" that most pple perceive as.

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

spinning them round and round, in a confusing world...

and as a family we pray for them.