Monday, July 13, 2009

Surreal...

Yea...my frens shld be lining up to go up to the stage
for that brief moment
to receive a scroll
after 5 years of hard work
And here I am
in my home clothes
sitting in front of my laptop
facebooking
and gg to watch some taiwan drama on youtube
Sarah must be grumbling that I din go down and
take photos with them...
well, many will say "Nah, it's just a ceremony."
But I guess the way we're brought up in S'pore,
everything is about ceremony, being ceremonial
Being honoured and credited on stage
and doning the ceremonial gown
means a lot to many, and esp my parents.
And perhaps deep down inside, it meant a lot to me too.
Having led a meritorious secondary and JC school days,
stage "appearances" and ceremonies were norms for me.
And after this 5 years of Uni, and thesis.
I'm really tired.
Tired of this race and competition.

And praise God for pulling me out from this
And I pray that I'll continue to listen to You
and trust in Your ways.
For I know and believe that
You have the best of interests for me

I might be struggling financially w/o a full-time job
but i can live contently
live within my needs and not my excessive wants
I might be slowly losing my drive as an achiever (in society)
but i could be moulded into something better
that He could use me
I might be waking up w/o an alarm clock
taking breakfast and reading papers for 1-hr
and having no fixed schedules for the week
and sometimes staying up late to youtube
But I just pray that I'll be doing meaningful
things in the midst of these
Having time to work on music compositions
and to spend more time on parish/youth work.

Am only into the 1st month of my break...
and I only hope and pray it'll get better
To really get the break I need
To recharge and renew myself
To broaden my horizon
See and learn more things
Reach out
and to build a strong connection with God.

Hearts on Fire Youth Rally, 11th Jul 09 @ CJC

No comments: