Wednesday, July 8, 2009

reality check....

managed to drag myself outta bed
on a Tues morning.
Walked to the "nearby" Jurong West Stadium
Gg to attempt 2.4km after so long...
thought to myself...
well i've been swimming and i ran the Half Mara
wat's 2.4km?
But when i've to run 2.4km under 12+ mins to pass IPPT
it's a no joke.
And I was shocked...
that I clocked 10mins after running 1.6km (4rounds)...
and I gave up...
Was huffing and puffing and chest was tight...
Really felt defeated and appalled!...
Luckily i found this out early...
then i can start training and preparing well
before i sign up for a IPPT Test slot.
Ego shattering moments but yet humbling.
Shall begin some circuit training and do "sprints"....

On a side note,
T3 Bible Studies has been great so far.
For the first time in my life,
I was really captivated by the happenings
in the Old Testament.
Was spending some nights reading up on Samuel
through to the Kings...really like them
and can totally imagine what it would be like in a movie.

Now, i'm really slowly and truly and finally falling in love
with the Word of God...
not just loving random inspirational quotes and passages...
but the whole salvation story in its entirety.
Simply amazing.
My eyes has certainly opened to greater things...
And learn to look beyond the what-it-seems.

No comments: