Saturday, June 11, 2011

extensive spring cleaning

had a rare chance of having a free Saturday to myself.
dunno wat's up my mind, instead of resting and lazing around,
i had the urge to spring clean my room.
And it took an unexpected 6.5hours from 11am to 5.30pm.
It wasn't an easy affair.
Learnt a lot in this 6.5hours.
A lot of decisions made to dispose things that i've kept so long.
Discerned their usefulness and relevance.
Weighed its sentimental value.
Many a times, have to stand back and take a birds' eye view.
When I knew that if I really want to create more space,
or to make the spring cleaning worthwhile,
I've got to let things go.
And to my surprise, I don't know how my little room and store so much things!
I've to make a total of 4 trips down to the ground floor to dispose my stuff.

Besides disposing, there's also the re-arranging
and trying to make more sense to the location of stuff,
and minimising dust collection.
Some stuff went into the store room,
which hopefully my mum won't complain tt's i'm taking up the space. hah.
The physical room felt more spacious and cleaner now.
And it does affect my being too.

Spring cleaning is very much like retreats and our life.
Review what you have/had done, and "remove" what you don't need
or shouldn't have kept (inside you).
I've got to clear some of the "old" and welcome the "new".

Now hoping to get a couple of bookshelves to store things in a neater way
and to hopefully get my long awaited digital piano.
Will make the room feel brand new. =D

No comments: