Wednesday, April 21, 2010

phone repaired and I passed my IPPT

Again, an adventurous few days leading up to IPPT.
Handphone spoilt and sent for servicing.
Was uncontactable for almost 2 days.
Then I fell sick one week before my IPPT.
Have been postponing my IPPT for don't know how many times.
Was making great effort to train for my 2.4km run.
And I've never made it below 13mins.
My ego and pride never seemed to accept the possibility of me
failing my IPPT. But I still remained realistic, that it could happen.

Yesterday, I stepped into Maju Camp with a heavy heart.
Taking a test is never a simple matter.
Especially after 5 years of IPPT-exemption.
The rest of the 4 stations were never a problem for me.
I cleared them pretty much with ease.
And then came the 2.4km.
Already feeling a bit of fatigue from clearing the 4 stations,
I prayed really hard.
Just before I took off at the starting point,
I desperately shouted in me, "Jesus, run with me!"
And off I go.
For the first 2 rounds of 400m each, I ran at 1:45.
Which is well below my training time.
But I was getting out of breath and legs getting tired.
But I just pressed on. Running with a group really helped
to push me beyond the limit.
And yes, I came in at 12:23. I passed!
with incentive of $100. haha.
But really, I thought getting a Silver is not a problem for me.
But I guess i need to train a little bit more to go under 12:00.

During this test, I depended on Him a lot.
I prayed a lot. And was preparing for the worst.
But was telling myself not to conceit defeat before the race.

I thank God for this blessing and Mother Mary for the intercessions.
And my little gorgeous who prayed for me.

One heavy load off my shoulder. Off to clear the rest! =D

No comments: