Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Running 21 at the age of 25



I've told myself before that the Army Half Mara that
I ran during my officer days is my once and for all experience.
Never knew I wld "break that promise" to myself
and running for this yr's Standchart Half Mara.

Was very skeptical about this run ever since I signed up
I just wanted to run with the gorgeous and
fulfill her dream of running 21 again.
I knew I need a lot of time and training to build up my stamina

3 months...with less than 10 runs
And off we go...to challenge our limits
7 Dec 08, 6.30am.
The ambience was great and it's really enjoyable to run with so many people
Scenery and weather were good.
Felt bad tt i've to leave gorgeous at the halfway mark
and carry on by myself in hope of clocking under 2:30
The last 7km was a mad dash for me
Dunno where I garnered the energy from
Was madly whizzing past people
and my knees were madly in pain too
but i thought to myself...since i'm already in this madness
then just go for it!
Looking at my watch, i thought I still can make it.
The last stretch for the Padang was quite shiok,
running along the F1 racing track route
and I gladly finished in 2:24.
Though slower than my AHM of around 2:05
it's still a feat for me
For i'm now 25
With no 5BX every morning.
Happy for gorgeous who came in with 2:45
and thank you for bringing me to this race.

Full Marathon?..hah...let's see....

No comments: